Dakota County Prescription Drug Drop-off Program
A secure collection box is located in the vestibule of the Mendota Heights Police Department lobby. It's free and accessible to the public 24/7.
1. Keep medicines in original containers and seal in clear plastic bag.
2. Use permanent marker to cover your name on the medicine containters.
3. Place medicine thats is no longer in it's original container or in a clear plastic bag and write the name of the medicine on the bag.
4. Needles, sharp instruments and thermometers are NOT accepted in the collection box, please refer to the Recycling Zone (651) 905-4520.
5. Do not place hazardous waste materials such as loose powders, aedrosols, devices containing mercury, items contaminated with body fluids, or any other products containing bio-hazard/radioactive waste into the collection box.
6. Medicine from businesses/health care facilities, long-term care facilities, doctors offices and veterinary clinics are not accepted.
Dakota County Recycling Zone
3365 Dodd Road Eagan, MN 55122
What To Residential Items Are Accepted:
Computers, VCR's, DVD Players, Televisions, Fax Machines, Toasters, Printers, Coffee Mackers, and Vacuums.
Yogurt, Pudding and Fruit Cups, Milk and Soup Containers, Deli Containers, Margarine and Cottage Cheese tubs, Plastic Bottles and Jugs.
Hazarous Waste Accepted:
Leftover Paint, Yard Chemicals and Florescent Bulbs.
Scrap Metal Accepted:
All Scrap Metal Including: Bicycles and Snow Blowers.
Hours For Household Items:
Hours For Hazardous Waste Items: